3 bowls for marinade, egg wash & battering
Food Processor or Magic Bullet
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups Captain Crunch Cereal
- 2 cups Pork Rinds
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Small baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- 2 ounces Motley Mustard
- Slice chicken breast into finger size strips and marinate for 4 hours to overnight in buttermilk.
- Preheat Air Fry (with oil in it) to 400°F
- Blitz the cereal & pork rinds to create a powder and set aside.
- Pull chicken from buttermilk & pat dry.
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Slather chicken pieces in egg wash & gently drop in batter mixture, flipping often to fully coat.
- Set battered fingers on cookie sheet & place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Redo battering process with any leftover egg wash & batter
- Return to freezer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Gently place fingers in air fryer (do not stack or overlap.)
- Cook for 5 1/2 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 1/2 minutes until internal temp reaches 165°F.
- Serve with Motley Mustard for the ultimate balance of Sweet & Spicy!