In many households, dessert with supper is a staple but can sometimes be overlooked. My favorite dessert as a kid was always Mom’s fresh, handmade cinnamon buns and it spoiled me for any store bought facsimile for the entirety of time! Being stubborn, I repeatedly tried to make store bought ones as a quick fix but the texture or taste was never the same leaving me disappointed time after time! A buddy once brought over a tube of store bought cinnamon rolls & i wanted to find something different to do with them so I figured “Hey, I bet I could use this to make a smoked bread pudding!
- 1 9×9 Cake Pan
- Preheated Smoker (use a fruit wood to smoke) or Oven at 350°F
1 Tube store bought Cinnamon Rolls
2 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
1 Peach, diced up (Optional)
1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Grease up cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Open package of cinnamon rolls. Set icing aside.
- Tear cinnamon rolls into thumb sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk & stir thoroughly. (If adding peaches, add before stirring)
- Evenly spread out cinnamon roll/condensed milk into the greased pan.
- Place in a preheated cooker and cook for time described on the original package.
- When bread pudding is finished, pull from the cooker and drizzle icing on top.
#joetip – I’m a full blown caramel junkie so I like to take an extra can of sweetened condensed milk and turn it into Dulce de leche and stir it into the mixture before adding it to the pan.