Chicken wings are great but Turkey Wings….these wings aren’t what Gramma made for Easter!
Brine Bucket or Large Zip Lock Bag
Preheated Smoker (300°F)
- 2 Litres Water
- 318 Grams Ham & Bacon Cure
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 – 5 Turkey Wings (separated)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Maple Fixx
- 1/4 cup Sticky Fixx
- Mix water, Ham & Bacon Cure & maple syrup in a brine bucket thoroughly. Use a kitchen scale to be precise…adding too much will result in a very salty product.
- Add turkey wings to brine and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Remove wings from brine & pat dry with paper towel.
- Liberally season with Maple Fixx and add to Smoker.
- Smoke until wings reach an IT of at least 180°F (I like to flip the wings when they reach about 145°F….I’m a sucker for grill marks)
- When IT of 180°F is reached I either slather or dunk the wings in the Sticky Fixx & return to grill for 3/4 minutes to set the glaze.
- Let rest 5ish minutes before eating.
Fight the urge to “Low & Slow” cook poultry! Poultry needs to high temp to render the fat otherwise you’ll end up with really chewy skins.