Perfect for the big game, these spicy treats make take a little time to make, but are well worth it!
- Jalapeños (8-9)
- Prosciutto (2 slices per whole Jalapeño)
- Cream Cheese (227 gram container) softened *I like the Herb & Garlic
- Shredded Cheese *whatever your favourite blend is
- Maple Fixx
- Sticky Fixx
- Pull cream cheese from fridge to allow it to soften.
- Cut ends with stem off the Jalapeño’s & slice them in half lengthwise
- Use spoon to scrape out membranes and seeds, discard.
- Spoon softened cream cheese into each halved Jalapeño.
- Sprinkle a little shredded cheese onto each one.
- Gently wrap cheese filled Jalapeño’s in Prosciutto. I prefer to wrap lengthwise so that the Prosciutto helps “hold” the cheese into the Jalapeño.
- Sprinkle generously with Maple Fixx
- Transfer to preheated smoker. Cook at whatever temperature you are comfortable with….225°F should take about 45 minutes, 300°F should take about 20 minutes.
- When the prosciutto starts to darken & look like it’s starting to “crisp” on the edges, slather some Sticky Fixx on it as a sweet glaze and let cook for an additional 5 minutes before removing from smoker.
- Let rest 5 minutes as the cheese will be extremely hot!