Steak! The mouth salivates at the thought of a perfectly cooked steak! By using a reverse sear method, it’s easily to achieve the perfect steak but adding this homemade board sauce will take it over the top!
2 Nice quality steaks, whichever cut you prefer.
Motley Que Steak Fixx
½ bunch of Cilantro (Sub Basil if you dislike Cilantro)
½ Bunch Parsley
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
¼ Red Onion
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Kosher Salt (To Taste)
- Meat Probe
- Food Processor
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towel
- Preheat Grill to 250F
- Remove steaks from packing and liberally apply Steak Fixx
- Place steaks on the grill to allow them to slowly reach desired doneness. (meat probe is essential here)
- While steaks are slowly cooking, add Parsley, Cilantro, red onion & Rosemary Leaves to the food processor. Use Food processor to chop p[ieces fine while adding olive oil to help make a “paste”. Add Salt to taste. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When steaks reach desired temperature, pull from grill, cover & allow to rest while cranking grill to a searing temperature.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and return to the grill. Flip after 90 to 120 seconds (just enough to add grill marks & a little char)
- On a cutting board, spread out ½ of fresh herb “Board sauce into 2 even sized portions, spread out to be nearly the size of each steak.
- Place Steaks on top of portions of board sauce on a cutting board and top with evenly divided amounts of remaining sauce.
- Allow the steak to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice through thoroughly, allowing steak and Board Sauce to compliment each other.
#joetip – When my grill is getting up to grilling temperature, I prefer to add my cast iron pan to the grate. I then slather my steaks in mayo while they are resting from the low temp cook and place them in the lightly oiled cast iron pan to really kick up the sear and achieve an unforgettable crust.