Who doesn’t want some sort of Sweet & Fruity Dessert for after dinner…add Bacon & I Reckon EVERYBODY will want it!
Preheated Smoker @275°F
Small kitchen Pot
- Apples (5 for this recipe)
- Thick Cut Bacon (3 slices per Apple)
- 3 ounces of Peach Schnapps
- Maple Fixx
- Spicy Fixx
Start with making the sauce….
- Place Peach Schnapps into a pot on medium heat & let the alcohol cook off…about 15 minutes should be good.
- Turn heat to low & add a half bottle of Spicy Fixx, stirring often. Shut heat off & reserve for later.
For the apple and bacon skewers:
- Peel apples & remove stems.
- Lay thick cut bacon on cutting board & season both sides with Maple Fixx.
- Wrap a slice of bacon vertically on apple (south pole over north pole, back to south pole.)
- Use 2 more slices of bacon to completely wrap apple in bacon & use skewers to pin bacon in place.
- Place a skewer (or 2 together) in top of apple to give you a handle.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes (until bacon is firm & fully cooked.
- Gently remove skewers that are holding bacon to apple.
- Gently “swirl” bacon wrapped apple in pot with sauce to fully glaze & set aside on parchment paper.
- Either let rest for a few minutes and eat warm or refrigerate & eat cold like a candy apple