· By JS - Motley Que
Easy BBQ Beans
Get ready to rock and roll with Motley Que's delicious baked beans! Our secret recipe starts with slow-cooking beans with brown sugar and bacon until they reach the perfect balance of savoury and sweet. And to really make these beans sing, we add a few peaches - a Mr. and Mrs. Motley favorite!
These beans are not your ordinary side dish - they're a rockin' addition to any meal. Serve them up at your next backyard BBQ, family gathering, or even as a comforting side dish for your favourite comfort food. Trust us, your taste buds will be rocking with the incredible flavour explosion from every bite.
Don't settle for ordinary baked beans - elevate your taste buds with Motley Que's signature recipe. These beans are sure to be a hit with your family and friends, and they'll be begging you for the recipe. But don't worry, we'll keep it our little secret.
Easy BBQ Beans
2 hours 5 minutes
Delicious rock n roll baked beans are the perfect addition to any meal!
They are slow-cooked with brown sugar, bacon, and a hint of peaches ( or any of your favourite fruit), creating a savory and sweet combination that will have your taste buds rocking.
These beans are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- 6 - 28 ounce cans of White Navy Beans
- 500 ml Chili Sauce
- 225 ml blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can peach pie filling (optional)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked & chopped into bits (optional)
approx. 3 tablespoons of Motley Que bbq rub
- Mix Chili Sauce, Molasses and mustard in a bowl
- Strain beans & put into foil pan
- Add diced onion, as well as mixture of chili sauce, molasses & mustard & let soak overnight.
Add bacon and/or Peaches, sprinkle Motley Que rub on top & smoke for 2.5 hours @ 225, 2 hours @ 275